Tiny Hand

2012/03/27

Love'n'Shit

Today has made me realise
- without a warning but with surprise -
that feelings, no matter the size,
can easily be vandalised.

Let's make this one now while I'm still doing fine and before I get cranky again...

Without getting too much into this emotional thing, I just wanted to use my spare time to do a little post and list some of the songs that can be real tear-jerkers.. well, for me. Mostly melody- and vocal-wise but - of course - also concerning the lyrics.
Just to name them, to be able to make a tick behind them and not to mention them again and again...
because they are, in fact, quite important to me, even though I'm rarely in the right mood for them.


Let's start with a song my sister showed me. I instantly fell in love with it. Not only is this woman a genius when it comes to live-looping, her voice also transmits so many emotions. Argh. It breaks my heart.
Kat Frankie - Frauen Verlassen


This one, I love because it's powerful and true with every word (although there aren't that many words to this song, really). But it's the quality, not the quantity that counts, right?
It's like: "I'm the only one that can get you THIS. No one is able to give you what I gave / can give you."
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Maps



Band of Horses never cease to amaze me. This piece is no exception. The ultimate test: Show me one person that doesn't shed a tear to this song!!
Band of Horses - No One's Gonna Love You


Now a song/remix that I only downloaded because I read the name "Trentemøller" in it. :x
It was several days later that I really got the lyrics and then it was like "BAM! That's exactly how I feel!" - Maybe you know what I mean. It's a very stupid situation, but I guess everyone knows what I mean. That's what songs are for, right? To be relatable...
The Do - Too Insistent (Trentemøller Remix)


Let's end this one with a GERMAN song for a change!! :) Clueso may not have the most powerful voice, but for his kind of music it's more than appropriate. This song really conveys a feeling.
Clueso - Herz

1 comment: