Tiny Hand

2013/10/06

Wave #7: Retro Classics!

I'm taking you on a short journey of drunkenness. You're f***ing welcome, goddammit!

As I'm writing these lines/words/sentences, I'm drinking a lil' bit of vodka with a liiiiiil' bit of coke. Which equals my regular coke. And as I'm writing this very sentence, I'm thinking about actually publishing this post. But why not? It's just a
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEE!!!
To be exact: the 7th music wave on this blog. That's a lucky number, right?

So I've collected these tracks on (or in?) my itunes and I thought about a name for the list.
"Classics"? "Retro Songs"? "Music througout generations"? It's kinda hard to sum up the list with a name since they all come from different music eras.
They're basically songs that cought my eye (or ear) while looking through music sites like hypem and indieshuffle. I guess there isn't a word that could sum them all up, but I'll give it a try...

These songs are timeless. They make me dance and sing and swing while sitting on my office-y chair or on a train with my mp3-player and they'll always have this attribute. The ability to be awesome. The ability to speak to the listener, no matter the level of alcohol in the blood stream.
Most of them should be familiar to you via the radio. Many radio stations claim to play the "best songs of the 80's, the 90's and of today" and that includes some of the tracks below. My absolute favorite of them is "Blueprint" by Rainbirds, just because you can act it out so theatrically in front of the mirror (drunk, of course). But the other ones are brilliant, as well. Maybe, you share my opinion / my taste in music or maybe you don't, but here are some of MY favorite retro classics! :


Gladys Knight & The Pips - I've Got To Use My Imagination


David Bowie - Ashes To Ashes






Nina Simone - Sinnerman (Full Version)


Anita Ward - Ring My Bell (1979)


Rainbirds - Blueprint
 

I'm sorry about the quality of some of these tracks, but let's keep in mind that they were recorded a loooong, long time ago and that the uploaders are lazy asses who upload them directly from their cassettes (I guess)...

But hey, maybe you enjoyed some of these songs and maybe 1 or 2 of them were new to you. If that is the case, I've done my job. Educating my readers and followers about some nice retro tracks.
Again: you're welcome, goddammit!!

Greetings
~Maximiwax'*


No comments:

Post a Comment